The Student Services Department assists students in selecting an academic pathway that aligns with their career goals, provides ongoing support through completion and graduation, offers career and transfer assistance, supports student clubs and organizations, and provides support for veterans and students with disabilities.
- Admissions – apply online.
- Advising – career assessment, goal setting, academic program assignment, education planning and course selection, and career and transfer support.
- Tutoring - assists students in successfully completing credit, pre-credit and non-credit courses.
- Transfer Resources Center - assists students in planning for a smooth transfer to a 4-year college or university.
- Career Services - assists students with career exploration, goal setting, job readiness, and placement
- Testing Resources Center – administers placement, foreign language, and other tests.
- New Student Orientation – provides a broad range of information about the college and programs of study, student policies and expectations, support services to help you succeed, and clubs and organizations which provide enriching experiences. First-time students or students returning after a break are encouraged to register for a College Success course to learn tips and skills to help you succeed in college.
- Pay for College – learn the various ways you can pay for college, including Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Registrar – maintains official records and assists students with transcripts.
- CTA U-Pass - provides unlimited access to Chicago’s bus and rail system for full-time credit students.
- Student Development – supports the Student Government Association (SGA), student clubs, groups and organizations, various honors societies, arts, culture, and more.
- Veterans Services – provides specialized services for veterans.
- Disability Access Center – provides specialized services for students with disabilities.
- Wellness Center - provides a host of services to support the well-being of students, faculty, and staff.
- TRiO - Student Support Services - TRiO’s mission is to provide support services to its students and ensure a smooth transition to four-year institutions. Over the years we have successfully created a vibrant community of active learners who become academically engaged and prepared to take on leadership roles. By providing these types of opportunities, TRiO empowers its students to succeed in college and beyond.
- Athletics - Athletics play an important role in student life at the City Colleges of Chicago. Many of our athletes have transferred their talents onto four-year college and university teams.